The following terms and conditions listed below will apply between you and EBC (The Edinburgh baby co) for the sale and purchase of the items contained in your basket. The terms do not affect your statutory rights.
Availability of goods and prices Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that occasionally goods ordered may, be sent to you in instalments. We will make every effort to advise you (by email) if this is the case.
We make every attempt to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, however discrepancies may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods already ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and ask that you reconfirm your order at the correct price, whilst also giving you the option to cancel it. If we are unsuccessful in contacting you we will consider the order cancelled. If we cancel your order, you will receive a full refund.
Next day delivery is only available for UK mainland (Zone A&B). In addition, the cost of shipping (Zone C, D & E) to Offshore islands or Northern Ireland could be higher and longer. Please check with us if you have any questions.
International Shipping If your delivery address is not within the United Kingdom, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; EBC advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
You should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
Validity By ordering a product you accept these terms and conditions. The terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, and it is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions regularly before ordering products in case there are any changes.
Your Undertakings and Warranties You warrant that the information given on your order form is complete and accurate.
Acknowledgement of Order When you have completed your order you will be sent an e-mail confirmation. It will state what the products are on order, the total cost including VAT (where appropriate) and Post & Package charges, together with delivery and invoice details. If for any reason your order cannot be processed, a member of the customer services team will contact you to explain the nature of the difficulty.
Our Contract No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and EBC until the product(s) ordered have been despatched. We will send a confirmation email when the goods have left our warehouse. This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by EBC of your offer to buy goods.
Where an order is to be fulfilled in instalments, those products yet to be despatched will not form part of our contract with you. You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
Information you enter into our registration forms may be collected and stored briefly by us so that we may contact you in relation to the nature of your attempted transaction, even if you do not confirm the transaction. This may be used to send operational emails to enquire as to why the purchase was not completed. We will not use this data for any other purpose, we will not store it for longer than necessary and we certainly will not share it with any other company. Our aim is simply to provide you with the highest level of service that we can.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Payment All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, your order will not be accepted and EBC will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected if, for any reason, you wish to return a product bought from EBC You may return your item(s) in their original packaging in an unused condition within 14 days of receipt for a full refund, less any charges for shipping other than standard shipping, at your expense. Before returning, you must notify us by e-mail of intent to return ([email protected]) and package appropriately as we will not be liable for damage in transit.
Exceptions: There are exceptions to our Refunds policy for certain items. Please note this is a non-exhaustive list and that these conditions do not affect your non-excludable statutory rights.
For reasons of health, hygiene safety and copyright, we are unable to exchange or refund the following products once worn or once the packaging has been opened or damaged unless the items are of unsatisfactory quality or unfit for purpose:
1. Cosmetics or household items 2. Hats 3. Hair accessories 4. Quilts and blankets 5. Duvets 6. Pillows 7. Confectionery 8. Underwear 9. Hosiery 10. Swimwear (unless the hygiene strips and tags are still in place) 11. Nappies and sanitary products
Damaged goods or incorrect deliveries: Our warranty contained in 'Goods & Services' above is subject to the following conditions: (i) the goods must be stored in appropriate conditions; if you do not store them in appropriate conditions we cannot be held responsible for faults or problems that arise as a result; (ii) any claim by you in respect of any shortages and/or defects in the goods must be notified to us by you within seven days of the delivery date, stating the nature of the shortage/defect and quoting the invoice no.; failure to so notify us will deem you to have accepted the goods. In some cases EBC may require you to return the defective goods to EBC at its cost. Where you make a valid claim in respect of any shortages or defects and we are liable for the claim, we can at our option make up the shortages or replace the goods free of charge, or refund the price of the goods in question to you. In addition for defective goods we will refund you reasonable costs incurred for postage of the goods, but we shall have no further liability to you. If you do not notify EBC accordingly, EBC shall have no liability for any defects and you shall be bound to pay for the goods
Force Majeure EBC shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
Limitation of Liability Although we take every care to ensure accuracy, we make no warranties as to the accuracy of the information we place on our web pages. The extent of our liability for any breach of these terms and conditions shall be limited to the value of the goods ordered by you in the relevant transaction, however nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit EBC’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of EBC’s negligence.
Invalidity of Terms and Conditions If for any reason part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable; the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scottish Law and agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
Promotion Code Terms & Conditions Promotional codes entitle you, at the time of ordering, to a saving on a new order placed with EBC. Details of any minimum or percentage discount, including VAT and saving entitlement can be found in your voucher email.
Promotion codes are only valid for orders placed online. Promotion codes entitle you, at the time of ordering, to a saving on a new order placed with EBC,
EBC reserves the right to decline to accept orders where, in its opinion, a promotion code is invalid for the order being placed.
Promotion codes are only valid for a limited period of time. The expiry date will be publicised with the relevant promotion code.
Only one promotion code can be used per order.
Promotion codes are not valid in conjunction with any other promotion. Offer is not valid on sale items or other discounted items, new season clothing for various lengths of time and certain items, except when publicised, and may not extend to other items without warning.
In the event of product returns, refunds will be given for cash used in the original purchase once the discount is applied, less any shipping costs charged on the original order.
In the event of part of the order being returned, the value of the discount applied on that order will be spread between the goods proportionately. The sum in cash exceeding this value, less any shipping costs charged on the original order, will be returned to the customer. The promotional discount will not be applied to replacement items, if the offer is still valid at the time of making a return - you should place a new order using the original promotional code.
In the event of any returns meaning that the order no longer qualifies for the promotion advertised, EBC reserves the right to deduct the value of the offer from the refund.
Where a 3-for-2 offer is advertised the cheapest item is free.
Christmas and Savings Club Plans
In order to secure items for payment over time, a non-refundable deposit between 10- 20% is due on order, with an exception of cancellations declared within 14 days or starting or adding items to plan.
All payments must be settled within 4 months of receipt of invoice, or all payment may be forfeit.
1. The promoter is: The Edinburgh baby co Ltd.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland (unless specified) aged 18 years or over except employees of EBC Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
7. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
8. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
9. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
10. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
11. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Scottish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [Scottish].
14. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
15. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: [email protected]
16. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
EBC reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time
EBC reserves the right to terminate the validity of any promotional code at any time.